If the tape irritates the skin, it is important to consider the following points:
- If the patient has known skin allergies then consult a medical physician before applying tape;
- If the skin of the patient is prone to irritation, the tape should be left only for a few hours or days;
- If the skin has been shaved, wait one hour after shaving before applying the tape;
If the tape irritates the skin of the patient, even when it has been applied correctly and with due precautions, it may help change the color or brand of the tape used.
It is important to keep in mind the following points:
- To ensure good adhesion to the skin, the tape should be rubbed over the skin with the palm of the hand or with the fingers (only in the direction of the skin elasticity);
- Make sure that the tape adheres well to the skin before the subject changes position;
The skin of the subject must be perfectly clean, free of oil, creams or ointments and free of hair and should be shaved if necessary.